#NZSOMO 2022- New Zealand Social Media Forum
Social storytelling, commerce, and communities
4 - 5 Jul 2022Pullman Auckland, Auckland (Live or Virtual)
- Considering digital trust: Why does it matter for social media?
- Understanding how CSR interacts with sexualisation, fake news, and emotive content
- Why your brand should be promoting social media integrity
- Defining interactive technologies and how this might interact with consumers
- Potential applications for brands and marketing strategies
- Outlining advantages and disadvantages
- Is Facebook still viable for your social strategy?
- Algorithmic updates and considerations
- Tools for managing Facebook Groups / opt-in communities
- Understanding TikTok’s uses, demographics, and place within the social landscape
- Should your brand be using TikTok, and can jumping on trends jeopardise brand integrity?
- Uncovering new understandings of ‘authenticity’ and disguising ads as organic content
Are you currently using TikTok? If not, why? What other platforms are you utilising?
Think social media’s role in human resources stops at LinkedIn Recruiter? Think again! It can be so much more. Done well, it also offers a real advantage to your recruitment and retention in a highly competitive employment market.
- Using social media to communicate your employer value proposition
- Types of content to post - what’s appropriate and what’s not?
- How to balance HR goals and broader social media marketing objectives
- Applying marketing strategies to the recruitment process
- Mobilising existing staff to share key messages, and managing the risks
- How privacy concerns may affect consumer behaviour online
- Uncovering ‘defamation’ and interacting with negative reviews online
- Safeguarding your brand online
- Understanding agency relationships, budgeting social media spend, and knowing when to engage with an agency
- Communicating your goals for effective collaboration
- The role of the social media manager in executing a successful campaign
Further panelists to be announced
- Maximising your data through masterful presentation of words and numbers
- What skills, techniques, and measurement tools allow for effective reporting?
- Effectively representing your ROI and using data to story-tell
Level-up your presentation game to deliver winning presentations that communicate to managers the value of your social media campaign for your brand. This session will be packed full of innovative ideas, case studies and advice on incorporating the latest presentation techniques.
Find out how to successfully incorporate:
- Translating numbers into words & pictures
- Better Presentation Techniques
- The science of storytelling and its value in business
- Tips on how to structure presentations for optimum delivery
- Adapting your content and strategy to harness the power of the algorithms and new formats
- Reactive content, cultural relevance, when to join the conversation
- Community management, social tone of voice, nurturing your audience with the power of banter
- Harnessing community to capture local audiences and communicate your kaupapa
- The role of identity in your social campaign
- Cultural safety and community monitoring
- Understanding tikanga and how it plays out in the online space
- Trusted sources of knowledge and being open and authentic
With it’s beginnings as an Instagram page in the 2020 lockdown, Girls That Invest has grown to hold the title of New Zealand’s number 1 business podcast, growing an Instagram following of 140,000 and featured in both Vogue & TEDx US – all through organic advertising. Co-founder Simran will discuss finding your niche, the value of engaging content, and growing an online community
- Finding the balance between having fun and driving returns – why building your brand identity enables authentic brand/consumer engagement
- Turning creativity into lead generation
- Measuring your ROI and using this to drive further growth
- Learning from lessons past – understanding when things don’t go to plan and owning missteps
- Preparing a digital plan for a multi-faced, large-scale event
- Striking a balance between pre-planned, adaptable, and reactionary content
- Understanding your audience to deliver successful social campaigns
- Story-telling and community-building through sport
- Exploring the hidden functionality of Messenger on Facebook & Instagram
- Championing great brand experiences and customer loyalty through automated interactions
- How to convert social media engagement into multiple types of conversions
- Developing a social and awareness strategy for a rebrand
- Considering the customer journey: How can social media help?
- Lessons and reflections from rebranding
- Driving big returns for small business through social media
- Leveraging memes to drive engagement
- Lessons from community management